It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.
- President George Washington, September 17, 1796
It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation
was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religion
but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We shall not fight alone.
God presides over the destinies of nations.
- Patrick Henry, American orator and patriot (1736 - 1799)
Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is
the duty, as well as the privilege and the interest, of a Christian
nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.
- John Jay, 1777, The first Chief Justice of the United States
All the good the Saviour gave to the world was communicated through
this book. But for it we could not know right from wrong. All things most
desirable for man's welfare, here and hereafter, are to be found portrayed in it.
- President Abraham Lincoln, September 7, 1864
(upon presentation of a Bible)
I reverently invoke for my guidence the direction and favor of Almighty God.
- President Theodore Roosevelt, Inaugural Address, March 4, 1901
We are redefining in practical terms the immutable ideals
that have guided us from the beginning.
- President Bill Clinton, November 8, 1997
Whatever we once were, we're no longer a Christian nation.
- President Barack Obama, June, 2007
For Christians, we remember the suffering and death of God's only Son and his glorious resurrection on the third day.
On Easter Sunday, we proclaim with joy...Christ is Risen! In America, we look to the light of God to guide out steps.
We trust in the power of the Almighty for wisdom and strength. And we praise our Heavenly Father for the
blessings of freedom and the gift of eternal life.
- President Donald J. Trump, March 30, 2018
(excerpt from his Passover and Easter message to the country)
The music playing is
America the Beautiful
Performed by Ray Charles
If I Were The Devil
Go to top of page